lunes, 1 de agosto de 2011

Where dreams become true

It was September, I was deciding what I was going to do to celebrate my fifteenth birthday; At Guatemala instead of celebrating the sweet sixteen’s we celebrate the fifteen. I decided that I wanted to go to Disneyland. This was the second time I was going to go to Orlando; the first time I went with my whole family. We went to Universal Studios, Island of Adventure, Sea World, but of the Disney Parks we only went to Magic Kingdom. I decides to go to Disney because I really wanted to know the rest of the parks and also because my mother and I love Disney and roller coasters too.
My parents started looking for the tickets for the airplane and for the parks, also they reserved in a Disney Hotel. In early October we had everything to go to Disney; I remember that my sister and I counted the weeks and the days. Time was passing very slowly, and suddenly the day arrived. I just took a little suitcase, because I wanted to bring souvenirs from the US.
I remember every detail when we arrived, I got really nervous in the airport because the man that was in the Aduana seemed to be angry, and thankfully my father answered everything. Then we walked in a hall that was full of animal and plant images, and the different parks. Then we went to the hotel. When we on our way to the hotel, I saw a plane that was drawing a happy face in the sky.



When we arrived to the hotel I was shocked, it had in big letters the name “ALL STAR MOVIES”, that was the hotel’s name. We entered to the lobby and my mother registered us, and the woman who was registering us gave my sister and me a balloon with Mickey on them. The balloon was filled with helium, and at the end of the string there was a little Mickey Mouse made out of purple plastic, which didn’t let the balloon to fly. She also gave us a card to each of us with our names on them that were like the tickets to enter to the parks; they were decorated with a Tinkerbell and the Magic Kingdom’s castle.   Then we started walking to our room, as we walked forward we saw that next to the lobby was a souvenir store. It had everything you can imagine with the Mickey Mouse and his friends’ picture; we kept walking and got out of that building, just to see an amazing and pretty pool with a statue of Mickey with the Fantasy costumes. We continued walking, and started watching kind of statues of the Toy Story movie, while we were looking for the building where our room was, suddenly we saw a huge door that was the Andy’s door from Toy Story movie too, it was open, we entered throw it and we saw the biggest Woody and Buzz Lightyear I’ve ever seen before, there was like a playground which had all the toys from the movie, it was amazing. In front of the “playground” was the building where our room was. We found our room, which was opened by the cards too, as we opened the door we saw a beautiful Mickey Mouse made out of towels, the walls were decorated with Toy Story wallpaper. Everything in the room had Mickey Mouse or a Disney character: the soap, the shampoo bottles, the quilt, the curtains, the carpet, everything ¡
That day we decided to go to Magic Kingdom. We returned to the lobby and went to the Souvenir Store because there was a gate to the special buses that took us to the parks. We waited from three to seven minutes for the buses; I remember that one day while we were waiting my sister got so desperate because of the sun that she got on a tree and started acting like a monkey. Finally the bus arrived, there was a woman on a wheelchair waiting too, and when the bus arrived we waited for her to get on the bus, what really impressed me was that the bus had a little platform that was for the wheelchairs and that the person just had to get on the platform, without getting down, and went up the bus. Again we had to wait, but finally we got on the bus, these buses were very funny because they talked, not like a person but when the bus was in the way to the park, always tell a message like “Welcome to the All star movies resort……” and when we arrived to the parks the message was “we have arrived to the Magic Kingdoms park we hope you enjoy your trip¡” or something like that.
When we arrived to the park I saw the beautiful castle of Cinderella, it was December so everything had the red and green colors.  We started walking, and I saw the little Mermaid, and the first thing I did was going to the line to take a picture with her, I felt like a child that was excited. I took pictures with most of the characters I saw. We got on every single roller coaster we saw. One of my favorites was the Splash Mountain it makes me remember a lot of good memories, the first time we went to Disney we also got on this roller coaster, when we saw the picture my father, my mother and I were grasping from the rail and my sister, that was six years old, was the only one that raised her hands, it was very funny.
The night arrived and we sat in front of the castle to see the fireworks. While we were waiting, again, my mom and I started talking and in that moment I really felt magic, it was the perfect moment in the most perfect place. The fireworks began with lovely music, and they seemed to dance with the music, when suddenly Tinkerbell was flying above us, it was a magic moment. It made me feel amazing that all the hopes and wishes came true, it was very special, it was one of the most amazing moments, and my best birthday ever. The show ended and we were going to go back to the hotel, when we saw a candy store, I bought the biggest strawberry and it was covered half with dark chocolate, and the other half with white chocolate, when I chewed it my mouth become water, it was very sweet and the chocolate was delicious, also I bought the most delicious cotton candy I have ever tasted its flavor is indescribable, it had different colors and flavors, and was on a bottle with Goofy on it, as it went throw your mouth it broke apart and the sweat spread throw your tongue.  It was the best way of ending my day, and even thou I couldn’t stay standing because my feet hurt, it was one of the most special and magic adventure ever, and if I have the chance to repeat it I would.

1 comentario:

  1. alaaa cuando fui a disney me quede en el mismo hoteeel! que increiblee!

    ResponderEliminar